Listen here: iTunes |Spotify |Stitcher
We live in a crazy, mixed-up world, vastly different from the world 20 years ago. Back then, there were no cell phones, only very rudimentary computers, no internet or social media and the world seemed much calmer as we all had more time to spent in face-to-face communication. We weren’t looking more at our phones and less at the world around us, the way many of us do today. Just stand in line at a restaurant or sit at your gate in the airport: ninety percent of people are staring at their phones rather than interacting with the ones around them!
But even 20 years ago, parents still needed to impart basic life skills to children, skills all kids need to learn before they move into life as an adult. Listen as we hit on some of the major topics for the current culture we are living in right now.
(This website contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for full details.)
“In this entitled world, we have forsaken the value of accountability even as adults. We all need accountability.”September McCarthy
Mentioned in this episode:
- September & Co.– character/manner resources
- 100 Manners to teach your kids before they turn 18
- Sloppy Joe recipe– (Make this with 2 tsp of brown sugar instead of the 1 Tbs. the recipe calls for.)
- Episode 37– ideas for stepping down chores
- Episode 51– ideas for chores & allowance
- GABB phones and watches- Get a Gabb phone or watch with code MOMTOMOM at www.gabbwireless.com/promo/MOMTOMOM.
- Episode 64– navigating currents events with kids
- KidNuz Podcast
“Heart discipleship will go much further than any parental controls ever will.”Jamie Erickson
- Classical Conversations: a classical Christian community for your homeschool. You’re their first teacher. Be their best teacher.
- Scribblers: A brand-new resource from Classical Conversations designed to give moms and dads of young children the confidence to begin homeschooling with simple rhythms for family learning.
- Practicing Musician: grab $10 off your $50 deposit for upcoming online micro-tutoring sessions by using promo code momtomom at checkout.