There’s a spiritual battle going on in our culture today, Mama, and it’s a battle for our children’s hearts, minds, and bodies. Just turn on your TV and watch the news, or scroll through Facebook, TikTok, or Instagram. It’s everywhere your kids are and everywhere you don’t want them to be. What can we, as moms, do to stem the tide of corruption targeting our kids?
In today’s episode, we chat about how to raise Christian kids in an unstable world and how we can help our children not only stay pure but desire purity.
(This website contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for full details.)
“True discipleship is not about punishing an action. It’s really about nurturing an inward attitude.”Jamie Erickson
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Life-Giving Parent by Sally and Clay Clarkson
- Episode 64: Today’s News for Tomorrow’s Leadership
- Luke 16:10
- Holy Hygge: Creating a Place for People to Gather and the Gospel to Grow by Jamie
- Philippians 3:8
“It’s wise to parent preemptively. Ask questions of your kids so they have to think critically.”September McCarthy
Other verses to consider:
- “Keep your heart with all diligence for out of it spring the issues of life.” Proverbs 4:24.
- “As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15.
- “He who loves purity of heart and has grace on his lips, the king shall be his friend.” Proverbs 22:11
- “I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. I will set no wicked (worthless) think before my eyes.” Psalm 101: 2b-3a.
- “Finally brethren, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy, meditate on these things.” Philippians 3:8
“We’re parents first and friends second.”Kate Battistelli
- Get a Gabb phone or watch with code MOMTOMOM at gabb.com/promo/MOMTOMOM.