The best kind of mentor for motherhood is a real life one, but sometimes that’s just not possible. Fortunately, we’ve had Titus 2 examples and the wisdom of other trusted women in our lives because we’ve always surrounded ourselves with good books. Voices of encouragement, discipleship, and practical help have rung out to us from these pages and have helped shape our day-to-day faithfulness to our husbands, our children, our ministry commitments, our walk with the Lord…pretty much every area of our lives!
(This website contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for full details.)
In today’s episode, we’re chatting with Jennifer Pepito, author of Mothering By the Book: the Power in Reading Aloud to Overcome Fear and Recapture Joy. We discuss the importance of reading aloud to your kids, making time for personal reading in the busyness of our day, and options for the mom who isn’t a reader.
“When we can look in stories and see inspiration, whether it’s from fiction or biography, and see how others have shown tenacity to keep doing the right thing, it can empower us to keep doing the right thing even when we do have difficulties as a family.”Jennifer Pepito
To learn more about Jennifer Pepito:
- The Peaceful Press
- Restoration Home Podcast
- The Peaceful Press on Instagram
- Jennifer Pepito on Instagram
“God is constantly calling out the person we are becoming, not the person we are right now.”Jamie Erickson
Mentioned in this episode:
- A Time for Remembering by Patricia Daniels Cornwell
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
- The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Hero Education by Oliver DeMille
- Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Little Britches by Ralph Moody
- Holy Hygge by Jamie Erickson
“A lot of our perspective on life, our ability to relate to others, our ability to see something through to the end, or even our ability to see cause and effect comes from our observation of other people.”Jennifer Pepito
- Get a Gabb phone or watch with code MOMTOMOM at gabb.com/promo/MOMTOMOM.