Not a single moment of life has ever been hidden from God. He’s there in all the hidden and silent secrets of both life and death. To most mothers, these verses offer so much hope and happiness. But to so many others, they stir up questions, doubt, grief, and pain.
October is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month–a time each year set aside for us to remember and encourage those who have lost a child through miscarriage or early on in infancy. So today, we want to honor those mothers who grieve and also provide some helpful tools for those friends and family members who want to lovingly support a mother whose arms ache from the loss of her baby.
“We’re not always going to understand everything on this side.”Kate Battistelli
(This website contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for full details.)
This has been one of our most requested topics to date–and surprisingly, many of those requests have come from women who want to learn how best to support and love their grieving friends–women who have not experienced the pain of pregnancy or infant loss themselves but who know someone who has.
So, if that’s you, lean in really close today. Listen to the stories shared by Kate and September and let them show you some ways you can offer hope and perhaps even healing to a friend that you love.
Verses for grieving mothers:
- “He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” ~Revelation 21:4
- “You have kept count of my tossings;
put my tears in your bottle.
Are they not in your book?” ~Psalm 56:8
- “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” ~Psalm 147:3
- “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” ~Psalm 73:26
- “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
and saves the crushed in spirit.” ~Psalm 34:18
“Be watchful of your heart that it may not roam too far from Truth and the comfort and the Comforter.”September McCarthy