Listen here: iTunes |Spotify |Stitcher
A few years into her mothering, Jamie decided that she wanted to put more emphasis on Easter in her home. It bothered her that Christmas–the day set aside to remember the birth of Christ–had become an entire season of celebration and yet Easter–the day honoring His ultimate sacrifice on the cross and His miraculous resurrection–was just defined by most of the evangelical church, herself included, with a few lilies at the front of the sanctuary, some new dress clothes most kids didn’t want to wear, and a basket of candy. She wanted her kids to see that both moments of Christ’s life–His birth and His death–were equally important in their faith.
In this episode, we’re chatting about Easter and how we’ve found ways to center the season on Christ.
(This website contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for full details.)
Easter Brunch menu ideas:
- Breakfast casserole
- Best Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Lemon Delight Trifle
- Resurrection Buns
- fruit salad
Easter books mentioned in this episode:
- First Easter by Carol Heyer
- Uncovering the Love of Jesus by Asheritah Ciuciu
- Easter Celebration by Phylicia Masonheimer
- Journey to the Cross by Helen Haidle
- The Three Trees by Angela Elwell Hunt
- The Garden, the Curtain, and the Cross by Carl Laferton
Movies mentioned in this episode:
- VeggieTales: An Easter Carol
- VeggieTales: ‘Twas the Night Before Easter
- Ben Hur
- The Greatest Story Ever Told
- The Life of Jesus
- The Ten Commandments
- Sight & Sound Theatre’s Jesus
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Resurrection garden
- A Sense of the Resurrection by Amanda White
- Names of Jesus countdown paper chain
- Homemade Resurrection egg directions
- Resurrection eggs to purchase
- The Resurrection Letters v.1 by Andrew Peterson
- Philippians 3:10
- Pieces of the Promise Easter puzzle devotional
- Isaiah 53:5
- Classical Conversations: a classical Christian community for your homeschool. You’re their first teacher. Be their best teacher.
- Scribblers: A brand-new resource from Classical Conversations designed to give moms and dads of young children the confidence to begin homeschooling with simple rhythms for family learning.
- Practicing Musician: grab $10 off your $50 deposit for upcoming online micro-tutoring sessions by using promo code momtomom at checkout.