(This website contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for full details.)
Everyone wants to feel at home in their home. For some of us, nothing can be further from the truth. Our homes are sterile, uninspiring, or on the flip side cluttered and overwhelming. The good news is, transformation can often happen with just a few tweaks here and there.
Today, we’re joined by Marian Parson, known online as Miss Mustard Seed. Marian is a pastor’s wife, mother of two boys, paint enthusiast, and lover of all things home. She’s recently released her fifth book, Feels Like Home: Transforming Your Space from Uninspiring to Uniquely Yours and she’s here to specifically give hope to those of us who are chronically hesitant decorators who might want to transform their spaces but aren’t sure where to start.
“Ultimately everyone lives in the home. It can’t just be about your favorite aesthetics.”Marian Parsons
To learn more about Marian Parsons:
- Feels Like Home: Transforming Your Space from Uninspiring to Uniquely Yours
- Inspired You: Breathing New Life into Your Heart and Home
- The Home Design Doodle Book
“There’s always a dissonance between what you want vs. what you have and how you can make the most of your home.”Marian Parsons
Marian’s quick-tips for hesitant decorators:
- Put together a mood board.
- Stay classic with big things.
- Get trendy with accessories.
“There’s no one right way to make a beautiful home.”Marian Parsons
- Holy Hygge: Creating a Place for People to Gather and the Gospel to Grow– Jamie’s new book