Listen here: iTunes |Spotify |Stitcher
Every mom feels unprepared for motherhood at some point or another. This is especially true for the one who is mothering a child with special needs. She faces unique circumstances every day that set her far apart from her friends’ schedules, lives, and experiences. She’s often lonely, exhausted, and full of fear.
Mothering a different-by-design kid is an experience no one can feel prepared for.
Today, we welcome Lisa Jacobson, a woman whose mothering story has changed the lives of thousands of moms who like her have raised a special child.
(This website contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for full details.)
To learn more about Lisa Jacobson:
“You have no idea what kind of joy they will be and the gift they’ll be to your family that has nothing to do with the physical prognosis they have.”Lisa Jacobson
- 100 Words of Affirmation Your Husband Needs to Hear
- 100 Ways to Love Your Husband
- 100 Ways to Love Your Son
- 100 Ways to Love Your Daughter
- Marriage Wisdom for Her
- The Flirtation Experiment: Putting Magic, Mystery, and Spark Into Your Everyday Marriage
“Lord, I am having a hard time handing this dream over to you for your safe keeping. But, I trust you to look after my heart as you trust me to look after my child’s.”Lisa Jacobson
Mentioned in this episode:
- Faithful Man.com
- Instagram post of the relationship that Lisa’s husband Matt has with their daughter Avonléa
- 11 Special Life-Lessons I’ve Learned From Our Special Needs Girl