Today we’re talking about family size and family dynamics. In case you weren’t aware, between the three of us, we have 16 children. Kate raised an only child, September has 10 children, and Jamie has 5.
Interestingly enough, between 1976 and 2015, families with only children like Kate’s went from 11% of the population to 22% according to the Pew Research Center. It’s become the fastest-growing family unit in the United States.
Loads of people are choosing to limit their families to one child. But is it biblical? We’ll tackle that question in a future episode. But for today, we’re talking about the dynamics that different family sizes bring into play and how they affect our parenting styles.
(This website contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for full details.)
Mentioned on the Podcast:
- Good Morning Board– Jamie’s morning routine
“For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.”2 Thessalonians 3:10
- Drink bands for color-coding drinking glasses
- Jamie’s planner
- FriXion erasable pens for color-coding in a planner or calendar
- Zones and Chores for Your Home: How to Begin– September’s family cleaning system
- Motherhood Favorites– more info on our individual chore systems
- Child of the Day: Privilege + Responsibility
- Episode 20: Mom Hacks for the Christmas Season
- Make a Plate Kit– the kit Jamie used to make birthday plates for each of her children