The podcast is turning one this week! One year ago, we pulled up our chairs to this table. Perhaps you’ve been with us since the very beginning. Or maybe you’re joining us for the first time today. However long you’ve been with us, we want you to know that we are so honored that you have taken time out of your busy days to chat motherhood with us.
Over these past 12 months, we’ve hit some hard things together: infant loss, depression, marriage struggles, and navigating the “talk” with kids. We’ve also enjoyed some lighter and more practical discussions like meal planning, spiritual discipleship, and building community through hospitality. If you’ve missed any of these conversations, we’d invite you to head on over to the podcast tab to get caught up.
(This website contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for full details.)
Today, we’re passing the mic to you. Over the last few weeks, we’ve invited you to share with us some of your burning questions: things you’ve always wanted to ask a mom a little further along on the journey. And you took us up on the offer. Dozens of questions poured in and today, we’re gonna try and tackle as many as we can.
No question is off-limits. No struggle is too small.
Here’s what you asked:
- How do you deal with temper tantrums and bad attitudes?
- Do you have any practical tips for recovering from burnout?
- How can a mom keep her perspective where it needs to be?
- How do you make time to spend with each individual child?
- How can I encourage my teen spiritually when he/she is resistant and pushes away from me?
- What are your best tips for keeping babies and littles busy when trying to homeschool the older ones?
- How did you and your spouse meet?
You’ll have to tune in for our answers!
Mentioned on the Podcast:
“for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.”James 1:20 ESV
- September’s Character Matters Cards
- Effective Parenting in a Defective World by Chip Ingram
- Grace-Based Parenting by Tim Kimmel
“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”Matthew 6:21 ESV
- “Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus” hymn
- Jamie’s Child-of-the-Day privileges and responsibilities
- Homeschool Bravely– Jamie’s book
- Great Homeschool Convention
In honor of the past 365 that we’ve enjoyed together, we are giving away a package of fun to one podcast listener! Head on over to Instagram to enter for your chance to win.