Listen here: iTunes |Spotify |Stitcher
We’ve all heard the saying, “Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.” R
Proverbs 18:21 tells us, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”
Today we’re talking all things words…how our words are either going to build up or tear down our children (not to mention husbands and all the other people in our lives!)
We’ve learned the hard way that words have incredible power. Because here’s the thing…children will believe whatever you tell them about themselves and your words will form the foundation of who they become and how they think about themselves.
Did you ever notice how God created the entire universe? With a word.
God didn’t wave His hands around or stomp three times or anything else. He simply spoke and the universe burst into being! Genesis 1:3 “God said, Let there be light…and there was light!” Your words are powerful mama!
What do your words say about your child? Are you speaking life to their dreams and desires?
Scriptures to think about:
- “Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles:” James 3:5
- “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” Proverbs 18:21
- “God said, Let there be light…and there was light!” Genesis 1:3
- “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight O LORD, my strength and my redeemer.” Psalm 19:14
- “A wholesome tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit.” Proverbs 15:4
- “Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.” Psalm 141:3
Hi there! Such a good article, thanks!
Glad it was helpful, Imogene. Thanks for listening.